Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thank You

{Based on my sister? Meh...}

Thank you for always supporting me,
And for always pushing me forwards when
I had wanted to give up and crawl into a hole.
Thank you for giving me second chances
When I had done the dumbest things imagined
Or when I had said something out of line.
Thank you for just being there, even when I
Felt like I didn't need you around.
Thank you for teaching me how to stand up
For what I want, and for setting examples on
Just how to stand up for them.
In terms, thank you for being you.

Our relationship in the past may have been
Filled with petty arguments and complete
Disregard for the other's feelings, but
Now that our relationship has gotten better
In a course of only a few years, that is
A good thing, right?

I'm grateful that you took the time to teach me
How to do things, such as folding paper stars,
Or teaching me how to swim.
Many times, you have taught me things that
Have a permanent affect on my life.
That is why, thank you.
Thank you for being my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment