Friday, October 4, 2013

So Long

You're a kindhearted fool,
but... that's why I had
Fallen in love with you.

For your simpleness
attracted me, and
your mystery astounded me.

Many times, I wanted to
believe that I
was someone special.
Perhaps I'm putting on airs,
but you had treated me
Differently.
When I cried,
you were the first to
Offer a helping hand.
When I was angry,
you lent a listening ear.
When I had lost all hope,
You helped me regain it.
And in doing so,
you unknowingly sparked
a roaring fire
In my heart,
one that would
be doused by reality
in years to come.

There's so much I
want to do
For you.
The only thing I can do is
Show you that
I'm fine
Without you by my side.

Go out and live your own life,
One that doesn't
need you to
Protect silly old me.

Thank you,
I'm okay now.

No comments:

Post a Comment